Thursday, March 31, 2011

Couponing Day 2

Last night I spent some time organizing the small little coupon stash I have and set off on my lunch hour armed with coupons and prayer to seeing what bargains I could get. I'm far from the Coupon Mom or Krazy Coupon Lady but I did REALLY well for my first time out! My FREE items consisted of:

Revlon Tweezers
Sudafed (Walgreen's Brand) - 18 Capsules
Kraft Mozzarella Cheese
Renuzit Air Freshener

Straw Easter Basket (because I was watching them ring it up so closely, I noticed it rang up incorrectly...guess what? Walmart gives it FREE if it rings up wrong.) It was kind of amusing when the cashier said, that will be 2 cents....well I just had to give him my 2 cents!!! 

Then I got another Kraft Mozzarella Cheese, Slow Cooker Liners, a book for grandson Carter, 24 plastic eggs for church, 3 American Greeting Cards for Easter and another box of Sudafed (Walgreens Brand) for $12.62!  For once, I'm actually looking forward to telling Ray how much I spent at the store!

That's right! Everything above for $12.62! A savings of $23.82.  Thank you Jesus for stretching those dollars and for helping me to shop on purpose! I was tempted to add things to my cart but I stayed on target (even at Target - my favorite store) and only got the things on my list. I still have a lot to learn....do you know there is even a lingo and a new tv show. 

Finding Freebies,
Teri

No comments:

Post a Comment