Friday, April 1, 2011

Coupon Day 3

So today was my first day at attempting to "stack" coupons at the grocery store.  For some items I did really well again. Like the Bic Soliel 3 pack razors. They were $4.79. I had a $3.00 manufacturer's coupon and a $1.50 store coupon...my total: $.29!  And dill relish .79 and with my 50 cent off coupon, $.29!   I especially loved that I got Berry Cherrios for $1.25 a box and when you bought four, the coupon gave $3.00 off milk...With my $1.00 off of 2 boxes of cereal...the grand total was $1.84 for four boxes of cereal and a gallon of milk!  AMAZING!

Needless to say my overall grocery bill was $90 but with all my coupons, it came to $49.00.  I'm sure I'll get better as I'm starting to save coupons. There is a lot of work to do before you can be like the pros who can get $600 worth of stuff for like $30!  It was fun walking away from items that I didn't have coupons for celebrating when I got an item for FREE! In fact one lady got so excited that I got a Deluxe Duncan Hines Carrot Cake Mix for FREE that she went up to the front of the store and grabbed a coupon book!  It certainly takes some work, time and planning but it's worth it! I spent about 3 hours searching, clipping and going to the stores but my savings has been over $75.00 this week.  It's like I got paid over $25.00 an hour...that's not bad for a part-time job!

Next week I'll share some of the tips I've found. One of the best ones I found so far was to make sure and be generous and share as God provides...I'm hoping that we will be able stockpile enough to surprise some families with a bag of groceries as well as increase giving to the local food pantry. There are a lot of hurting people out there right now and I'm thanking God for His creativity in revealing ways to partner with Him in providing for His children.

Finding Freebies,
Teri

No comments:

Post a Comment