Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Extreme Coupons

In my quest for domestication and for financial peace (Ray and I are attending Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University...wwww.daveramsey.com/fpu, I've decided to try extreme couponing. I'm scouring websites on my breaks and furiously cutting coupons. Seems like it's not only a money saver but a great hobby as well.


Today's lesson was on "stacking" coupons. I decided to give it a try. I had a manufacturer's coupon for $1.50 off Colgate toothpaste. Target had a $1.00 store coupon making the savings $2.50. The actual cost was $2.24! Not only was it FREE but I had a few cents left over toward the purchase of my girls night out chips...on sale for $3.00 and with a $1.00 off coupon made my total purchase $1.74!

I know there are some of you coupon professionals and I'd like to hear your secrets. Or if you're not into couponing....feel FREE to send your coupons my way!

Finding Freebies,
Teri

1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to try this. I saw a commercial for a TLC show called Extreme Couponing that is starting soon (April 6th, I think) I figured I'd tune in to see if they had a few pointers.

    ReplyDelete