Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Veil is Torn

The other day I was driving to work and reached the best part of my daily 30 minute commute. I had been chatting with Jesus about some rather heavy things on my heart. My eyes looked up from the roadway to the hillside vineyard emerging before me. The fog was thick and the rolling hills just barely visible. Every day God paints a new picture for me on that hillside... but this day....the clearest break in the fog...right in the middle...separated as if a curtain had just been thrown open for spring cleaning. And in that that moment, the clearest, most breathtaking view of a sun-soaked vineyard. The fog embedded on both sides, my heart was reminded of the veil that was torn in the Holy of Holies from top to bottom inviting all those who believe in His Son as Savior and Lord to enter with assurance and confidence. (Mark 15:38). We have free access to enter the kingdom of God boldly and with confidence. My freebie didn't end there. The song All of Creation by Mercy Me began playing on the radio. The heaviness I had felt just a moment before dissipated as I began singing praises to God who clears the fog and soaks us with the free gift of His Son!

All of Creation - Mercy Me

Separated until the veil was torn
The moment that hope was born
and guilt was pardoned once and for all

Captivated but no longer bound by chains
left at an empty grave
the sinner and the sacred resolved

[chorus:]
and all of creation sing with me now
lift up your voice and lay your burden down
and all of creation sing with me now
fill up the heavens let his glory resound

Time has faded and we see him face to face
every doubt erased forever we will worhip the king



Finding Freebies,
Teri

No comments:

Post a Comment