Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Couponing

This week I chose to get some household/beauty supplies. This couponing thing is really working. I watched carefully the sale ads and then purchased just what I would use...nothing else. I was tempted, but at each store I walked out with just what I had on my list (and coupons for). 

A few things I got:
6 rolls of Scott paper towels   Sale Price $5.00   Paid: $1.50
Xtra Laundry Soap (28 loads) This is really a great laundry detergent!  Sale Price $1.49  Paid $1.00  
Chinet Paper Plates (10) Price $2.99 Sale: Buy One Get One Free  Paid $1.00  
Cover Girl Eye Shadow 3 pack & Eyelash Curler Was $5.49 & $4.99 Sale:    Paid $7.99    It would have been $5.49 but I realized my coupon for $2.50 did not get applied...
Total savings in this trip over $11!

Learned a little lesson though. Calculate your purchases as you shop, deducting your coupons. That way you'll know that the total the clerk gives you is correct. Twice the clerk has taken my coupon but not applied it to my purchase.  Don't be in a hurry!

Many of you have emailed or commented that you're watching Extreme Couponing on television and reading blogs about saving money. Have you been motivated to clip coupons? What are some ways that your family is stretching the budget?

Finding Freebies,
Teri

2 comments:

  1. Hi Miss Teri! as a matter of fact I have always couponed but now i am getting real serious about it! I dont buy it unless its on sale and preferrably with a coupon too! Today I bought Hp paper at Staples for $5.99 and you can print out a rebate form for $5.99...i used my staple rewards dollars and it was free...so actually i will make $5.99! i also printed out CVS coupon for full size antibacterial hand wash..value of $3.99 and picked that up. Also had cvs reward card bucks for $6.00 so my new eyeshadow was $2! wooohoo!

    ReplyDelete




  2. 1 for the best coupns and deal you can visit our website
    2 it is very nice post and also informative for me thaks for sharing this amazaing contant
    3 nice post i learn alot



    coupon outlet




    ReplyDelete